The holidays are here and chances are you’re looking forward to getting away.
Are you dreaming about a place that sparkles in the night and vibrates joy during the day? Are you pining for food that awakens all of your senses and is so unique you couldn’t forget the taste if you tried? You must be imagining somewhere where the holiday spirit is lit up across the city and across the hearts of those that walk within in streets.
You’re fantasizing about this place as you wrap up your end of the year reports, send yet another email, watch the sun go down way too early, and drink your third cup of coffee. Well, lucky for you I have a secret. I found this place – the one you’re dreaming of. I found it tucked away in Antioquia province of Colombia. It’s the “City of Eternal Spring” and it’s saturated in holiday cheer. It exists, and it’s waiting for you to arrive this year.
We’re already in December and you better act fast. Go book your flight, find an Airbnb or a hostel, and pack your summer clothes. You’re going to Medellín, Colombia.
This city is full of life and exactly what you need to reward yourself and celebrate the holidays the way you deserve. Whether you go with friends, family, or even solo, there are 6 colorful reasons to visit Medellín this holiday season. Which are you looking forward to the most?
- The Famous Christmas Lights. This city lights up with over 31 million LED lights and 42,000 figures within its borders. Each season has a different theme that spans 800 kilometers of light. It’s also the only city in South America that is part of the illuminated cities of the world, LUCI.
- The Gastronomy of the Season. Medellín is quickly becoming the hot new dining destination in South America. While you’re there, take a food tour or simply visit one of the best restaurants for authentic and colorful Colombian cuisine.
- Pamper Yourself without a Worry. Relax in this beautiful city. Go shopping. Splurge on a day spa. Sleep in. And take advantage of the slower lifestyle.
- Be One with Nature, In December. With many outdoor activities to try, one of the greatest upsides to traveling here for the holidays is the weather. You will likely see highs in the 70s and lows in the 60s. Perfection.
- Marvel at the Art and Architecture. You can’t miss ehe growing art scene. Some say Medellín could even become “the next major art destination.” This paired with a wide variety of architecture, including romanesque, byzantine and modern styles, the sights can’t be ignored.
- Let Loose Amongst the Active Nightlife. Don’t we all need a nice, cold drink after a long, hard year? There’s no better time to celebrate other than the holidays. Whether you go for the rooftop, the dance floor, or a Cuban-music haven… there is no shortage of fun to be had here.
The holidays don’t have to be so black-and-white. You don’t need to do the same thing you always do. And you definitely don’t need to waste any more precious time dreaming about a place that already exists. It’s never too late for an adventure, and this is just the one to take advantage of before the year comes to an end. Add some color to your holidays.
Need more tips? Here are some helpful first-hand experiences that are sure to put you over the edge:
Like what you read? Get on my email list for free love in your inbox!
Disclaimer: this is a sponsored post for Medellín Travel. All opinions are my own.